Depending on the type of contact you have with us, we may collect and hold various types of personal information about you. This may include your name, address, date of birth, email address, images of you, demographic information, information about the services provided to you, information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of internet cookies and additional information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site and associated applications. This is not an exhaustive list.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to third parties in the conduct of our business. If third parties act on our behalf, we ask them to hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties, including:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products or services to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act, we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We may collect information from our Site that is not personal information, because it does not reveal your identity. We may use or disclose that information to try to locate a person where we believe unlawful or inappropriate activity has occurred in connection with our Site, or when required or authorised by law.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Edify Energy Pty Ltd (ABN 85 606 684 995)
Last update: 20th February 2020