Edify Energy is a market leading Australian renewable energy development and storage investment company. We specialise in large-scale renewable energy, particularly utility scale solar PV and storage projects, throughout their entire life-cycle including development, financing, construction management and asset management.
We take an active, quality and relationship-driven approach to our activities. This combined with an ownership position in the projects and our long-term view of projects ensures high-performing assets over the long-term.
We have demonstrable experience in taking projects from early conception through to commercial operation. Edify Energy has brought 5 large-scale solar farms (365MW AC / 440MW DC of solar capacity across over 2,500 acres of land) and a 25MW / 50MWh battery to financial close in the past 18 months. Each of those projects is either in operation or very late stage of construction.
- Landowner engagement and agreement – acutely understanding landowner drivers and concerns and minimising the construction impact on the environment and maximising local benefits
- Development – obtaining all development, environmental and cultural heritage approvals and finalising grid connection arrangements while maximising benefits to the communities we operate within, through local employment and ongoing community engagement
- Power plant design and execution – overseeing power plant design and key equipment procurement; and negotiating EPC and O&M contracts
- PPAs – negotiating power purchase and other offtake agreements with utilities and corporate consumers, including bespoke tailored solutions to meet customer requirements, including variable, flat and firm supply contracts, storage solutions and behind the metre energy solutions
- Regulatory authorisations –extensive experience in effective and timely management of the regulatory authorisation process required for Solar Farms to operate in Australia’s Energy Market. administering legislation to reduce carbon emissions and increase the use of clean energy
- Financing – raising construction finance and active involvement in due diligence
- Construction management – overseeing construction and bringing projects into commercial operation
- Asset management – managing high-performing power plants to safely maximise output and efficiency; and managing all market-facing aspects, including trading and settlements
Our track record
A timeline of our key achievements since 2016:
- secured ARENA funding for the Whitsunday Solar Farm
- PPA with Energy Australia for the 60 MWp Gannawara Solar Farm announced
- PPA with ERM Power for the 70 MWp Hamilton Solar
- closed a financing with Wirsol on a 198 MWp solar PV portfolio in March 2017. Debt financing of $230m was provided to the projects by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the Clean Energy Finance Corporation and Norddeutsche Landesbank
- PPA with Origin Energy for the 180 MWp Daydream Solar Farm announced
- closed a financingwith Black Rock on a 240 MWp solar PV portfolio; Debt financing was provided to the projects by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the Clean Energy Finance Corporation and Natixis
- were successful in the Victorian Government’s Energy Storage tender
- designed, structured and financed as majority equity owner with Wirsol the 25 MW/50 MWh Gannawarra Energy Storage System. $25m of grant funding was provided by ARENA and the Victorian Government
- successfully oversaw, as the Employer’s Construction Representative, construction, delivery, energisation and commissioning of the Gannawarra Solar Farm and its substation with Powercor
- Powerlink’s Springland substation, the Point of Connection for Whitsunday Solar Farm and Hamilton Solar Farm, was energised and commissioned
- successfully overseeing, as the Employer’s Construction Representative, construction, delivery, energisation and commissioning of:
- Whitsunday Solar Farm and
- Hamilton Solar Farm
Our management team
- Over 130 years’ experience in the power and renewables sectors internationally.
- Multi-disciplinary team with expertise in engineering – electrical, chemical and mechanical – development, site layout & design, yield assessment, financing, construction management, holistic offtake arrangements, plant operations and maintenance, legal, tax and accounting.
- Raised and deployed c $3B of capital bringing over 40 solar and wind projects (800+ MW total) into commercial operation.
- Advised on over 10 GW (c $25B) of projects during development, construction and operation.
- Managed an operational portfolio of more than 1.7 GW, including Australia’s largest wind and solar farms.